2013年11月11日月曜日

Dough-Donuts



This Saturday I explored the Momijidori section of Utsunomiya. It's fairly close to the Tobu department store, but because it's not between the main shopping area and downtown, it has been off the radar screen for lots of folks. Recently it has undergone a slow revival owing to its stock of old, quirky buildings ripe for small businesses such as cafes and accessory stores. Another and equally important reason is the vision of a young realtor who has seen the potential of this area, its proximity to downtown and the new vision that many young hip Japanese are chasing; the independent business with a modern sensitivity.
One of the places I went to that day was a donut shop. I must admit that, for the most part, I am not a big donut fan. I normally find them cloyingly sweet, often akin to eating sugar with a little bit of greasy dough. The donuts at Dough-Donuts were not too sweet and not greasy. I was impressed. The presentation was beautiful too with the doughnuts wrapped in large white bags, the shops logo tastefully printed in small cursive on the corner. Very sophisticated. Other people, they seemed to be regulars from the neighborhood, came in to order donuts and chat a bit. It felt very homey. 

I'll be back.
apple donut. Goood!
maple sweet potato. Yum!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿